rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you contemplate going public with your personal brand? (hard hitters only)

Do you contemplate going public with your personal brand? (hard hitters only)

Quote: (10-02-2016 04:52 PM)stefpdt Wrote:  

^^Completely agree with everything you've said.

I feel like if I go public with a brand, then I will need to go 'all in' with it, and commit to becoming an authority in the space.

I don't like to half-ass things, so I completely agree that you have to become obsessed with winning to even have a shot at going big in an industry.

Just checked out both of your book recommendations, and they're legit. I just ordered them both.

This bit sold me on the Book The Business...

"Being introduced as a book author (not a salesman) and introducing yourself with a book (not a brochure) creates interest in place of resistance."

This is so true.

You gotta realize that every moment you walk outside your house, you are 'going public with your brand.' This is a concept shared both in Game and Branding.

Know thyself.

Dig deep to find out who you really are.

Being anxious is fine. Being scared takes rigorous work and practice to be prepared and execute.
I found making a total ass of myself and owning it worked. It just didn't bother me. It's like Jerry Seinfeld going to dump hole in the ground towns to test his material
before an HBO special... Fail where you can hide it, but learn immensely from it. Because the same mistake in Macro is just an exaggerated mistake in Micro. <-- That's a keeper.

I like the poker axiom:

You gotta give action to get action. (Trump is playing Clinton like a fiddle with this concept)

I liked that post you shared. Keep in mind that the courage to be unique and consistently delivering on uniqueness will set you apart. Seduction by Robert Greene is good.
You will be humiliated and embarrassed if you are trying to be different from the crowd.

There is absolutely zero money in being the same.

Story by Robert McKee is good.

Acting classes would be a strong move. But not necessary.

All the best.

Messages In This Thread