rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Good location / Good income balance

Good location / Good income balance

I'm pondering the same question. I'm also in Switzerland and I agree: it sucks. If you want the family life, the career and being a slave with tons of money and/or a house and/or boat: then it's perfect.

If you love freedom and critical thinking: maybe not the best place. I feel they really hold you by the balls in Switzerland with the money.

My 2 cents: I'm now in CR for 1 week and I do think it's a good option considering the taxes you wrote down. I think people here are well-educated and kind, the women beautiful and food/beer great.

Otherwise, I think the other guys nailed it: the ideal is to decouple your income from your location and establish your priorities. As an engineer, maybe you could become something like a consultant remotely?

Creating a business could solve your issue. Also, I would start working top-down with how much money you need a month for living and the future and then look how you can make this amount and where you would like to live.

Otherwise, trying to optimize everything at once can become paralyzing. I hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread