rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

27 - no real direction
7 - no real direction
first post.
have been really unhappy over the last two years. i am 27 and hopefully in a few months i will graduate with an msc in mechanical engineering. over the years i completely lost my passion for this field though ..thats one reason why it took me so long to finish.

i talked to a lot of people who are engineers and they told me how hard it is nowadays to get a job in the engineering field. some of them have been jobless for quite some time. i am not the best student and thats why im really sure it will be quite hard for me to get a job.

i dont really know what to do now. the the thing is my biggest dream has always been to emigrate to australia/ canada or the us. to qualify for a visa i would need engineering work experience though. thats why i cant just change my field from engineering to something different without a clear perspective. i dont see myself staying in europe.

i think an apprenticeship would have been best for me but i cant travel back in time. probably as a tradesman or chef. i even did 2 internships in both of this fields when i was younger.

because i really want to change my whole situation i thought to myself maybe i should go to a community college in canada. i saw that they have got a lot of technician programs. do u think this would be a really stupid idea?

my only concern is that if it doesnt work out im fucked because i think it will be impossible for me to go back into engineering.

i just want to have a "solid" career. i feel like a good tradesman/programmer/chef wil always find work.

thanks in advance for all replies [Image: banana.gif]

Messages In This Thread