rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The 9/26 Presidential Debate Thread

The 9/26 Presidential Debate Thread

Quote: (09-26-2016 01:25 PM)MidJack Wrote:  

Quote: (09-26-2016 12:55 PM)weambulance Wrote:  

Quote: (09-26-2016 11:20 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

I've seen quite a few debates and the candidates have visible sweat on them. The lights and the moment makes you sweat even more and its a challenge for fit individuals to keep it up. How does a grandma hope to keep stable for 90 minutes with her arch nemesis right next to her and an audience in the millions watching?

How hot are those stage lights at stage level? I've only even been on a stage twice and each time the ambient temperature was higher than normal.

I don't know how much hotter exactly, but I've been on stage loads of times performing and you can definitely feel the heat coming off the lights the second they turn on. Probably 10 degrees warmer than in the seats at least.

I suppose they could chill the venue to make things easier on Hillary, but that would suck for the audience.

It depends on the type of light. A tungsten halogen bulb radiates a lot of energy in infrared. Modern LED fixtures radiate mostly visual spectrum so won't heat up a stage as much. The fixtures themselves still get hot, but they are distant from the stage.

Right. But I've never been under LED stage lights. Granted I haven't been on stage in a few years, but until recently it was hard to get the right color with LED lights, and lighting and stage production seems like one of those areas where minor technical changes are adopted really, really slowly. I might be wrong though.

LED stage lights do exist, so if they think it's going to be an issue you're probably right that they'll just use LEDs instead. Hopefully it didn't occur to them.

Speaking as a performer I wouldn't want them to change to LEDs for stage lighting generally. I like being under the lights, it's a great "game day" feeling, and doesn't affect my performance negatively at all. Damn few performers in any art are prone to passing out every time the sun comes out from the behind the clouds a la the Hildabeast, after all.

Messages In This Thread