rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Build a Wall, You Say? Been There, Done That, Failed

Build a Wall, You Say? Been There, Done That, Failed

A lot of talk about building a wall on our Southern border. I can clearly see that many that believe this, have never seen our Southern border. What I would like to tell my Northern Brethren is this: A wall was already attempted by George Bush Jr., it cost 2 million per mile, it only covers roughly 1/3 of our border with Mexico. We are still paying 50 million dollars a year for its upkeep, as building and maintaining walls are not cheap.

Flying welders and other construction workers and their tools, earth-moving equipment, temporary housing, food and water, the materials themselves all to remote regions far from roads or civilization is a very expensive undertaking and a logistical nightmare.

Anyone ever looked at a map of the state of Texas? Look at its jagged, meandering southern border. That is the Rio Grande river my friends. It is not a straight line. Water follows the path of least resistance, not the path that would be easiest to build a wall on. The wall would have to be built in a straight line for various reasons. I don't have a way of calculating, for it is impossible, all the private property that abuts the Rio Grande, that would have to be bought through eminent domain by the US taxpayer.

This alone would probably outstrip the cost of the actual wall itself.

Other parts of the border cross through uninhabitable terrain like deserts, and rocky mountanious regions. The wall that exists now can just be walked around as it starts and stops arbitrarily. Neither is it uniform, it has several different designs and dimensions and it is routinely gone over, under and through. Only by illegal immigrants and drugs though, not the species whos habitat previously existed on both sides.

The US war on drugs has been a complete and absolute failure with countless lives ruined and billions and billions of dollars wasted. Our country is awash with drugs, cartels, and gangs as it ever was. Prohibition in the US has created criminal organizations in Mexico and Columbia that are larger than their prospective governments. At one time Pablo Escobar offered to pay off Columbia's entire, massive, foreign debt if they would just let him be. When the US accuses those countries of being soft on crime and drugs their response is always this: We are only responding to demand in the US, if your country didn't have the largest and most lucrative cocaine market in the world, we wouldn't be growing and exporting cocaine to the US.

Therein lies the solution to the problem of illegal immigration. As any economist can tell you life is based on incentives. People do what they are incentivized to do. They transport drugs to the US because they know they can become wildy rich and powerful in doing so. Ending Prohibition would end the economic incentive.

Eliminating the incentives for illegal immigration is the answer not an expensive wall, built by illegal alien labor, and paid for by you and me.

Workers come here for jobs and they stay because they know they can. Why don't we just make it illegal to hire illegal immigrants? Oh, it already is illegal to hire undocumented aliens? Then why are they still coming? Because the US is not enforcing laws currently on the books. Funny, I, as a US citizen, have to follow every single law on the books, including jaywalking, or I will be thrown in jail.

These illegal aliens are allowed to stay because it drives down the wage that an American worker can demand. That is the real reason the elites, which Donald and Hillary are both lifelong members, need cheap, illegal, easily exploited labor.

Not to stay in business, no, but to reap gross and illegal profits at the expense of the American laborer.

Oh, but the hotels and the restaurants will all be shut down. No, they won't. They will just have to pay more for labor or reduce illegally inflated profits. Oh, but they pick our fruit and vegetables and our grocery stores will be empty. No, they won't. They will have to pay more for labor or reduce illegally inflated profits. Oh, but we won't be able to build a huge wall across mountains and valleys, in the middle of a desert and along the Rio Grande River.

OK, they are probably right about that last one.

Messages In This Thread