rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The mathematics of promiscuity

The mathematics of promiscuity

Quote: (09-16-2016 08:41 AM)hv123 Wrote:  

A thread the other day got my thinking about this situation. Always you see statistics with the number of sexual partners men and women have had. Now the mean average for men is always way higher than for women.

however, any one with a slight bit of logic in their head will tell that that is mathematically impossible. What is known as the high school prom theorem.

Statistics isn't all lies and damn lies. I'm not a statistician, but I do have a STEM education. There are methods that can be used to model underreporting/overreporting and self-selection bias to obtain more accurate figures.

Whether the studies on # of sexual partners use them, I do not know. But I don't think it's necessarily mathematically impossible for men to legitimately have, on average, more lifetime partners than women.

Hang out on "game" forums long enough and you might get the impression that the whole world is sluts, players, and incel betas. It's probably not actually like that. I think the majority of people, men and women alike, simply don't have that much sex, or with that many people. Sort of like the "dirty secret" of the alcohol industry is that they make the majority of their income off alcoholics putting down 50+ drinks a week and 80% of Americans have 5 or fewer (for all intents and purposes don't drink)...most people are simply sexual teetotallers.

Messages In This Thread