rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Separate Nation for Car Haters

A Separate Nation for Car Haters

Quote: (09-15-2016 03:28 AM)AFS Wrote:  

Ideally, every society should work toward the goal of increasing quality of life for people, regardless if they have vehicles or not.

In NYC one can live without a car. Driving across Brooklyn can take 2 hours, while the L train will take you there in less than 30.

I tried to live in Poland without a car, and it's a depressing, horrible experience. Public transportation is poor, and getting into bad situations because of it is an inevitable, almost weekly affair.

Is there anything more depressing than working hard, having your own business, and still being at the whim of broken trains/buses, crowded with human filth? After buying a car here, I don't think I could ever go back to that.

Which city in Poland?

Id agree for the most part in some of the smaller cities ive been it is terrible without a car.

On the other hand I live in Wroclaw and it is probably the most pedestrian friendly city ive ever lived in, ever. Bike lanes everywhere, the center is pedestrian only (bar a few delivery vehicles in the morning) and the trams and buses pretty much cover the whole city.

Only problem is this hasnt stopped people from raping the shit out of car usage so air quality and traffic jams are still terrible, still I live a very comfortable life over here without a car, the most I have in any city Ive lived in in the UK.

Messages In This Thread