rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Your brand will work for you"

"Your brand will work for you"

Quote: (09-14-2016 10:07 PM)duedue Wrote:  

I got a month long mentorship with James Maverick a few months ago. I did that because I liked to become location independent. I'm not anywhere close to becoming location independent for reasons that I can explain but learned some stuff from the mentorship.

One of the last things he told me was this:
"When you develop the proper brand, it works for you, without you needing to work."

It makes me wonder what the last part means. Maverick himself talks quite a lot about online businesses and other projects that he's worked on but he never gives a link to any of them. So I wonder...does he himself not really work?? Roosh and Mike Chernovich have developed their brands too but I don't think they work less hard than before.

I hate the modern usage of the word "brand". In fact, most of the time is a MISusage.
Everyone and everything from the Church, charities, football clubs to the one man band is called a "brand".
By my definition its bollocks. Cadburys is a brand. Samsung is a brand etc.

But having said all that, after I started in import export, I began working with an older guy. He was one of an "inner circle" of traders in certain markets. Just mention his name around Europe and people would sit up and listen. People would look at the deal with interest because they knew i)he could see the job thro ii)he could make it sustainable iii)he was honest and would detect scams and give all parties a fair deal etc etc.

So in his case, he had a personal brand. Even if he was using shell companies for certain things and certain reasons.

Perhaps we should talk about "reputation", "identity" and the like. Because once these are built up, you can get a lot of business just because of who you are, and who you are perceived to be.

Messages In This Thread