rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is IQ an effective tool for determining future success?

Is IQ an effective tool for determining future success?

Quote: (10-19-2016 05:19 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

Quote: (10-19-2016 04:17 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (10-19-2016 03:32 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

Richard Feynman allegedly had an IQ of 125. It's obviously nonsense, such a test wouldn't be worth the paper it was written on. It did make me chuckle to think there might be people out there walking around claiming to be smarter than a guy like that just because their number was higher than his.

IQ falls with age. If he tested it in his 60s, then 125 is not bad. His mind in respect to his field would still be significant, because the thinking prowess in your field is retained. The height of IQ is reached in your teens and he might have been at 150 at that time (with a test that maxes out at 155 - there are other tests that are unlimited almost, so comparing anyone above 130 has to be taken into account based on those tests - also you gotta test in the ages of 15-20 or you get partly significantly lower results).

Tested during high school, apparently as reported by R.F. himself.

In that case even if 125 is true, then it confirms my point - he had hard work, creativity, high level of determination - all going for him thus reaching higher stages than his 140+-IQ-colleagues who were set in their ways. 125 may be enough for world-class achievements if all other factors are met. Though 125 is pretty low in the Jewish Ashkenazi bellcurve, but my point remains.

Messages In This Thread