rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

9/11 Memorial Thread
/11 Memorial Thread
I remember watching the second plane hit on live TV while in between classes in the 9th grade. At that point we knew someone had done it on purpose. I knew my dad was OK, but I still shared some sense of panic for my friends classmates who couldn't get in touch with their parents. Ultimately, many of them had to suffer the hours and days afterwards while waiting on the phone call that would never come. When all was said and done, well over 25 lives were lost in my town.

Although I am often upset with the state of race, religious, gender, and political relations in my country, I am intensely proud of my country on September 11th. I am also intensely proud of my people, particularly those of New York and New Jersey, so many who selflessly helped complete strangers and their families for the days and months afterwards. It was beautiful to see the empathy American people had for one another. It wasn't simply putting an American flag filter over one's profile picture, it really putting our differences aside and showing TRUE empathy and compassion. Real heroes were made that day. I will never forget what happened, and I will never forget the brave police officers, firemen, and other responders who gave their lives. These men and women walked into to a burning skyscraper that had just been struck by a damn airplane to go save people they didn't know. Take a moment to let that sink in.

I'm watching a televised memorial service right now that alphabetically announces the names of every life lost that day. After more than two hours, they are only on letter L. For those here who were affected by any of the attacks on 9/11/2001, I am so sorry for your loss. For those who were not affected, I hope you take a moment of gratitude today for yourself and your loved ones.

Please share your 9/11 thoughts and memories here - please keep it respectful.

Messages In This Thread