rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should Foreign Guys use a Nickname or American first name?

Should Foreign Guys use a Nickname or American first name?

I don't know if this should go in the Travel thread. But do any of you guys use a Nickname or Americanized first name in your daily lives or when talking to girls?

I know almost every chinese student that comes to America will choose an American first name instead of using their Chinese name because it is too difficult for most Americans to pronounce. Also, perhaps when they take English classes, their teachers tell them to pick an American name and they just use it in their professional lives when they move to America.

I know a couple of Chinese guys that go by American first names even though their legal name is something in Chinese, and I think that might be one of the reasons they do really well with American women. Maybe they seem more Westernized because they have an American first name.

What do people think? Should foreign guys use easier to remember and pronounce American names? When you travel to other countries, do you change your name to something easier for girls to pronounce?

Messages In This Thread