rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Drug Policy

Drug Policy

Quote: (09-07-2016 11:40 AM)Ghost Tiger Wrote:  

Everything you said after that condition is assumption and fantasy. Illicit drugs have always been illicit. Like MMX2010 eloquently put it... you've lost this argument before it began. It's your task to persuade me, not poke pedantic holes in my arguments.

Glossing over the implication that MMX has ever argued eloquently; No, illicit drugs haven't always been illicit. It is very recent.

Indeed alcohol was banned (1920 Volstead Act / 18th Amendment) before marijuana (1970 Controlled Substances Act). So alcohol predates marijuana as an illicit drug in the US by 50 years. Marijuana also has a 5000 year global history: http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view....eID=000026

Here's a nice snippet for you:
Quote:Quote:

Coca-Cola was introduced in 1886 and was promoted as a drink "offering the virtues of coca without the vices of alcohol." Until 1903, a typical serving contained around 60mg of cocaine.

I've heard countless stories in history lessons and from history books of areas where alcohol was a serious blight. Alcohol and cigarettes are still a serious blight in certain areas. I've simply never heard stories from history about other narcotics blights other than opium in China.

I side with Trump on this: alcohol is bad stuff. He's taught his kids as much.

Alcohol fuels sluts and violence. Have you ever met a slut who didn't drink? [actually, as an aside, that fact might be a good way to help screen for a wife...] Especially for daughters, I'd be far more concerned about alcohol and alcohol-laden establishments than I ever would marijuana. It also fuels countless deaths on the roads, and countless acts of violence. If we're dispassionately evaluating it, without regards to our own use of it, it is downright nasty.

But history proved that making it illicit just created other worse problems and did little to alter its consumption. And society has failed to learn that lesson.

What the government thinks it should attack, support or ignore should have no bearing on how we conduct our own lives and relate to each other, or what we advocate our family members do or don't do, other than with respect to interactions with the government itself.

Messages In This Thread