rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Interested to hear RVF's views on regional/minority languages

Interested to hear RVF's views on regional/minority languages

Quote: (09-02-2016 04:31 AM)El_Gostro Wrote:  

OP you mentioned Catalonian.
It is a interesting factor to analyze that it its various variations -what is officially considered catalonian.I understand is the barcelonian dialect/branch.
It,valentian, many south French patoises and Genoese amongs others.form what has been grouped as "occitanian linguistical nations".
When you take into accointbthe shared Mediterranean mercantile outpost origin all these linguistic groups have an interesting cultural pattern begins to emerge.

One of my pet afficionate hobbies is to trace and reconstruct philological divergents from hidden bits and pieces in languages,lingoes and forms of speech.
I've discovered it to be a vital aid when studying the sociohistorical evolution of societies

Yes it was the dialect in the barcelona area- which is catalunya.

Quote: (09-02-2016 12:58 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

Quote: (09-01-2016 11:59 AM)britchard Wrote:  

I get the sense that you have sympathy with lots of these independence movements, no?

Yeah sure, I like real diversity and a lot of people in Europe have been put into a box they don't really belong in. If they want to speak their own language then they should.

I wholeheartedly agree. However the elites often try to subtlety imply that speaking regional languages is less 'proper' and is for stupid people...

Messages In This Thread