rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Women fearful of brotherhood?

Women fearful of brotherhood?

I'm in a fraternity.

1. Some women really want to be part of the organization. I've had girls call themselves 'honorary brothers'. On the FB page of one of my fraternity chapters, you can see all these girls excited about recruitment and joking about how excited they are we're letting in girls. Amusingly enough I've seen women start their own sororities because their boyfriends were in mine and the girls had no special group of their own.

2. They genuinely fear the power of brotherhood. Look at who the media always targets when it comes to campus rape - fraternities. We are the eternal enemy, regardless of how well we behave. We're also the last bastion of male-only communities at the college level. And it will not stop until all fraternities are co-ed, at which point the value of these organizations will cease to exist. Fortunately, many fraternity alumni also donate significant amount of money to the colleges, so they have a bit of say. But for how long, who can say? Already, fraternities are buckling and eliminating their pledge process, and in the process removing what may be the only right of passage young men in college have today.

I've gained tremendously from my fraternity, the brotherhood and mentorship were invaluable. And I strongly dislike those who hate on Greek culture without understanding the benefits.

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

Messages In This Thread