rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

subterfuge journal

subterfuge journal

Incoming text dump:

I think your biggest issue right now is your mindset is dragging you down straight into the gutter. Where you say you read a lot about looks not mattering, I'm sure you felt confident in this mantra right after you banged that hottie. Hell, I bet you brushed off the first few rejections after this like a badass and thought about the next fish to fry. What you've got to look at is how you're treating yourself after each girl you meet. You said you felt like shit after the practice girl, but what were you telling yourself in your head? Did you beat yourself up over it and get angry or feel sad? Did you curse the girl out in your mind? If you're doing these kinds of things in your mind, then how you value yourself is going to plummet.

I see you're big on RSD. I personally like Tyler the most since he's an average looking guy and is pretty short too. What let's him soldier through and meet several beautiful girls is his frame of mind. If you've ever watched him talk in a video, you can feel the charisma in his voice. It's almost like he's talking directly to you as if you were in the room with him. He used to be worse than where you are at now. His days of inexperience involved borderline stalking girls and giving valentine's day gifts to classmates he barely knew. It took him meeting many people, men and women alike, to adopt his mindset and affirm his values. Right now, you're doing the same thing and not a day too soon since you are still young. There are people in their 40s on here who are just getting into game.

From the get go, I can see you're being way too hard yourself. I mean, holy shit dude. You've talked to several girls (extremely hot ones too), gotten turned down, and you kept going because you chose to. There are guys out there who can barely look a girl in the eyes, and here you are hitting on them hot pieces of ass. That talks balls most people don't got. After things don't go well with the girls, be honest with yourself but not harsh. You can say how things didn't go amazingly, but tell yourself good job and support yourself in your head. If you had a friend who got turned down and was feeling bad, what would you say to him to comfort him? Take that and use it on yourself instead.

This mindset also carries into the practice girl. When you thought of her as a practice girl in your mind, it probably affected how you interacted with her in your voice and your behavior. Instead of thinking of her as practice, you can change how you frame it. See it as you being a curious and wondering what kind of person she is. If you want to know what someone is like, what questions would you ask them?

Also, I think you have more social anxiety than you realize. You say you can see a friend, say "hi", and then talk with them. This is good because it means you have a conversational skill set already there. Now take that same approach of saying "hi" and start conversations with people you don't know. Guys, gals, old ladies, elderly men, or anyone you see. Full conversations too so you can see how far you can push an interaction. Chances are, you'll notice you'll run into the same problems you do with hot girls. You already know how to talk to people you know, but talking to people you've never met before is another social skill that needs to be honed. It's also down to natural chemistry. Some people will be dead ends no matter what you say or they say and there will just be dead air between you two.

I run into similar problems as you, but I get it even with my close friends. I won't know what to say, I'll be afraid saying some dumb shit, or points where I completely freeze up in a conversation and anxiety passes over me in waves. Sometimes saying hi to people walking past me is enough to give me a nervous heart bump.

You can relax on witty observations too. You're probably trying to conjure some funny thing to get the person you're talking to to laugh or like you immediately. You can start with something simple and build on it from there. You've got a natural sense of humor, so let it come to you naturally instead of forcing it out. Is the place crowded? "it sure is crowded in here." See someone having a good time? tap her on the shoulder and point to the guy and say,"That guy really knows how to have fun." I'm no social mastermind here, and I'm sure these sound a little dorky, but they're some easy things you can comment on if you see them.

Keep in mind Night game and Day game are very different beasts. You can get away with more shit in the nighttime than you ever could during the day. Once you get over your first hurdle, you can push the boundaries of your comfortzone even more. Saying a ballsy thing to one girl will make her throw her drink in your face, and another will giggle at it.

tl;dr I'd recommend getting Gorilla Mindset. It's got actionable advice and examples to help you shift your mindset around.

"Their emotional waves will swamp you if you're just quietly-floating, so you need to learn to surf." - AnonymousBosch

||Learn How to Sing Datasheet||

Messages In This Thread