rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Much Consideration Should a Young Guy Give to Marriage...

How Much Consideration Should a Young Guy Give to Marriage...

...if he currently has absolutely no desire for marriage/kids?

You could be 25, 30, 35 with no desire to settle down at all... but (I assume) this tends to change with age?

Lower energy, health problems, declining physical attractiveness, general slowing down. Maybe priorities shift from adventure, to stability.

Perhaps you should just keep going at life - building game, skills, wealth, assets, experiences, relationships etc - up until the point you get the urge to settle down.

But what if that doesn't come until your 50s, 60s? That feels like very late to the party for marriage (or committed LTR) and kids.

This boils down to being unable to accurately predict your future preferences and perspective.

My concern is, by the time I actually really want it, I might be over the hill, and wish I'd invested more in my "relationship future" while younger.

But for now, I'm totally happy having adventures and relatively short relationships, with no desire for marriage or kids.

Is it "giving in to fear" to seek a long-term partner before you actually feel ready - or is it a wise move to begin the search and find a great match before you reach your later years, almost like an investment? Or is there another route entirely?

Messages In This Thread