rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Single Fathers Out There

Single Fathers Out There

Quote: (08-19-2016 11:57 AM)Sam Malone Wrote:  

If your annual income is $100K/year, and her potential, potential income is, say, $60K/year, the difference is.. $40K.
The CS percentage for one child (at least in NY) is I believe 17%.. Of the difference ($40K).
17% of $40K is $6800, annually. Divided by 12 months = $566.66

Obviously if her potential income is considerably less, then your monthly CS payment will be higher.

I wish, but that is not correct. In NY it's 17% of your gross - FICA + Daycare/Medical/etc. The Mother's pay really doesn't come into play. I believe the man's salary is capped at $130,000/year now but the judge can always go higher if he wants.

NewDayNewFace: You mentioned she is going to move back to your hometown where you live in June? If that's correct, maybe think about waiting it out for that to happen instead of going to court.

What about getting a short term apt in her city or close by and living there for a little while?

How do the child support laws differ between your state and Florida? Which is more Father friendly? It could help guide what you do, where you live, etc.

Messages In This Thread