rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Controlling depression and anxiety is honestly not that hard...

Controlling depression and anxiety is honestly not that hard...

Quote: (08-12-2016 08:53 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

Your ideas are well-intentioned and possibly useful.

But depression/anxiety exist on continuums, ranging from very mild - where the solution is sunshine/exercise/join social groups - to crippling and debilitating, where the answer is more likely months of therapy, self-growth work, and pharmacological treatments if really necessary.

A bit of youtube and a vacation won't move the needle for someone with severe depression, ptsd, anxiety, etc.

I think what OP has figured out, his a way to control part of his mind. When I say 'mind', part of that is conscious, part sub-conscious, I do think it is possible to influence the sub-conscious mind a bit.

I completely agree with you that people with some forms of negative psychological condition will not have much control, hence why they're suffering and require some tailored attention.

"Depression/depressed" is a catch-all term, like many other medical and psychological terms. And we used to call PTSD, "shell-shock". And both are catch-all terms because in each instance there can be idiosyncrasies that make one condition stand out from another. A lot of aspects of the human condition are difficult to explain logically or from an empirical approach, and conversely this aspect has been exploited by those in control of Western culture and their useful idiots.

Some people will be able to navigate out of mental/psychological abberrations/problems, some won't. So many variables at work that it becomes difficult to codify, and most of the evidence is anecdotal.

I think what OP was trying to allude to, is that it's good to do some kind of housekeeping to your mind and thoughts.

Messages In This Thread