rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Understanding the world of Kickboxing and Muay Thai

Understanding the world of Kickboxing and Muay Thai

Muay Thai questions

Well, each of the major stadiums (there are four in Bangkok which you can google if you're interested). Each has their own rankings and champion for each weight class.

Lumpinee, for example, has 11 promoters, I believe, who's job it is to find the best fighters for the stadium.

There is no sanctioning body, I believe for the 4 stadiums. They manage everything themselves.

The fighters take the name of their gym after their fight name, which isn't their full Thai name. So you may see a fighter, like Buakaw, for instance, change his fight name as he moves gyms (which is very hard in thailand and is whole other topic in itself).

What do you mean by watching MT live? In person or on tv or what?

In person, you will find Muay Thai fight nights in most countries most weekends outside of holiday season. In Thailand you can watch live MT most evenings in the major cities. TV depends on where you are in the world I should think but I wouldn't expect much live coverage!

Most of these questions could have been answered with google, to be honest. Although always happy to save you the effort [Image: tongue.gif]

Messages In This Thread