rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Has anyone here created a smartphone App?

Has anyone here created a smartphone App?

Quote: (08-09-2016 07:18 PM)Touchmybanana Wrote:  

I do have some ideas I want to develop into apps. Although I'm currently learning the technicals necessary to make them viable, I think partnering with someone more technical will speed the development.

However, I am worried that the so called partner may elope with the idea and develop it himself. what prevents him from telling someone else about the idea even after signing a non disclosure? I can't afford legal cost especially if he sells the idea to a big company.

Ideas are a dime a dozen - next to worthless. It's implementations that make money.

In terms of small-team app development, even in the unlikely case that someone did agree to take on your idea and you're just the "ideas/marketing" guy, if you're not actively contributing to a significant portion of the codebase it puts you on extremely shakey ground...as you seem to have noticed.

Outsourcing development should be an option of last resort, not first.

I think it would be a more productive use of time to keep developing your software design skills so you could partner with a team on equal footing. Again, good ideas are a dime a dozen. If this one doesn't pan out, another will come along.

Messages In This Thread