rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Odessa, Ukraine 2016 Datasheet

Odessa, Ukraine 2016 Datasheet

I lived in Odessa from June 1st to July 14th this year, so here's my thoughts and some information about the city on the Black Sea.

ABOUT ME

24 years old, now-retired computer engineer turned professional blogger, dark-skinned (half Asian half white), 5'9". There's pics of me all over my site (see signature). I'm decent looking but not a model.

My most recent US home was in Los Angeles, but I also spent significant time in San Diego. So I'm pretty battle hardened from the SoCal game scene.

Travel experience: I've spent significant time in Europe and a bit in South America. I'm now living in EE full time so I'm not on any balls-to-the-wall bang trips, mostly living a normal life.

LOGISTICS

You've got two options as to where to stay.

1.) In the summer, you've got the Arcadia/beach party district area. Again, this is only during the summer.

As for the months, I noticed that things definitely seemed to pick up a bit more in the later parts of my stay, so even during June might not be a great idea to stay here.

2.) City Garden/Center area. This is where I was staying, literally about a 30 second walk from the City Garden entrance.

It really just depends what you want. If you want to party every night and mix with some tourists (should note that the majority of tourists are NOT English stag parties/solo slutty travelers, they're Ukrainian/Russian/Turkish on holiday)--stay in the beach area.

If you want to kind of live a bit of a normal life, get some work done, and have more quaint places to eat it--stay in City Garden.

THE GIRLS

Definitely the same beauty levels as Kyiv, but they definitely seem a bit darker skinned (just a shade) in Odessa. This also might be a seasonal thing.

And if you haven't seen the beauty levels of Kyiv, it's basically like walking into a catwalk show every time you step out onto the streets. It's unbelievable. The difference is that Odessa has them in fewer quantities, and the English is generally MUCH worse.

SPEAKING OF ENGLISH...

The level of English in Odessa is very poor. I flew my girl from Kyiv in for a week and she was kind of disgusted at the level of English; she believes that all younger people should at least know it.

She had no idea how I survived.

Most of the restaurants will have an English menu, but the overall level of the English bad. If you need to really communicate, they'll have to find the one person who works there who speaks a bit of English, and have them wait on you.

If you go to the beach district and the clubs you'll definitely find people who speak English, but in City Garden and surrounding area, it's quite poor.

NIGHTGAME

If you want to nightgame, stay in Arcadia. Your options will be far better, and you can go out most nights of the week.

IBIZA: The big boy that everyone on this forum probably knows about by now. It's a great club. I particularly enjoyed it on the weeknights when it wasn't absolutely packed to the brim.

ITAKA is right next do to Ibiza and is generally considered the little sibling. It's not quite as big and popping but still worth a visit at some point (provided your stay is long enough).

WESTERN is a bar/club down the street (heading North) that I really enjoyed, but your milage may really vary at this one.

Other than that, you can really just walk around Arcadia and see what looks good and what doesn't.

CITY GARDEN NIGHTGAME

Basically nonexistent during the week. Odessa is a sleepy place.

The good news is that it's all walkable, but there simply aren't a lot of options. If you are planning a night out and it blows you can just hop in a $3 cab to Arcadia and give that a shit.

SHKAF is a cool little hipster that leads underground. Cheap beer, live music, good food. I know other datasheets have mentioned this place, too.

BOURBON is a rock bar that I enjoyed. Not a ton of girls, but it's a cool place just to hang out and you may get lucky. There's also a tattoo parlor in the back [Image: tard.gif]

CITY BAR would be a tough place to pickup due to the huge amounts of groups, but on some nights this place can get really popping. The dance floor could hardly be considered such, but when the live band is playing it can get really good. I went there to smoke shisha with my Russian buddy and his girlfriend on one of the last nights and we were blown away.

Other than those, you truly can just walk up and down the main drag of venues and poke your head into what seems good. I was mostly disappointed by it.

DAYGAME

I feel like I keep harping on this, but it's really true--you've got two options.

Walk around City Garden, or walk around the beach areas.

More fun would be to just lay at the beach (rent a bed and umbrella for $10) and hope that some cute girls sit by you.

DATE VENUES

There's so many little cafes and pubs in the City Garden--almost any of them will work just fine.

You must switch your mindset from that of the West, and realize that you do NOT have to bang on the first date. Or hell, even try. I would say it's counterproductive to try.

Girls WILL see you again even if you don't kiss them or if you don't make a move. Just be charming, cool, and they will go for a second date. Therefore, it's really not of the most utmost importance that you pick a bar with good seating that you can physically escalate. Simply because it doesn't matter.

Sometimes you can just go for a walk and it'll be just fine.

But if I had to pick a couple venues:

Traveler's Coffee is a cool little shop with a mix of everything.

Lebowski's Bar has good seating and cocktails (though a bit pricey).

Shkaf or City Bar would both work if it was a quieter night (though the live music is cool!).

For second dates and beyond, I couldn't recommend heading to the Dolphin Beach/Lanzheron Beach area. You can bring a bottle of champagne or wine and just sit and watch the water.

The dolphin show is pretty cheap, too.

FOOD

Odessa's food is better than Kyiv's I thought.

Olio's for pizza and Italian. Good steaks too.

Kompot for quick lunch and drinks.

Kumanets has great traditional food.

Maman is in a cool environment in the Royal Garden. Food is good. Shisha as well.

Safieri is next to Maman and has better food. One of the better meals I had there. Not sure I spelled it right.

QUALITY OF LIFE/CONCLUSION

Personally, I hated Odessa.

I've realized that small beach towns just don't gel with me, for one reason or another. There is a reason I left San Diego, and then left Santa Monica. Not that those are small, but the beach vibe just doesn't mesh with my personality. It makes me lazy and unhappy. See this: http://thisistrouble.com/2016/07/21/lazy...ork-ethic/

I much preferred Kyiv.

The English is bad, public transit is awful, and it's really hot in the summer. HOWEVER, the talent is still off-the-wall, and even though *I* wouldn't go back, I'd still recommend it to other guys.

Just plan carefully when, and where you stay.

And brush up on your Russian.

Any questions, drop 'em below.

Cheers.

Messages In This Thread