rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Criminality and corruption in Latin America and how to fix it

Criminality and corruption in Latin America and how to fix it

Quote: (08-02-2016 06:44 PM)ElFlaco Wrote:  

Quote: (08-02-2016 11:47 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Yeah the only way you eliminate crime is by improving the conditions and legalizing the things that crime thrives on.

Improve economics, legalize drugs, and gambling. Take out a leg of their business.

None of those measures would make a big difference. Crime and corruption have cultural roots, not economic or even political ones. Libertarian thinking does not adequately take this into account.

In places like Latin America, people of all socioeconomic classes are focused on themselves and their families, not the welfare of the society at large. There's a lack of civicism. That's how these things go unchecked.

I agree with the pesimissistic assessment, I disagree with the defeatist attitude.

If the people are ignorant start with small improvements to education. Corruption? Get an honest media. Dishonest cops? Check out the thread on that guy in Phillipines.

America was a veritable back water shit hole back in the day too. Rife with backround deals, hit men, dirty cops, and it cleaned itself up. I know because I have a few family journals from the 19th and early 20th century that paint a pretty dismal portrait of America.

So was most of the west too at one point.

Over time any culture can clean itself up. Defeatist attitudes embedded into a cultural milliu are why nothing ever changes.

Messages In This Thread