rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Wonder Woman" most feminist superhero movie ever: attacked by feminists. Strategy?

"Wonder Woman" most feminist superhero movie ever: attacked by feminists. Strategy?

Quote: (07-31-2016 03:25 PM)spokepoker Wrote:  

They should've done this movie before the Batman v Superman movie.
I watched BvS, and wonderwoman comes in and is invincible or something, her shield and sword do wonders against doomsday, and she seems fine with the situation. The first time I watched it, it was too much of a shock to see all this without any explanation.
Why is she invincible? Is she an alien too? Why is her shield so powerful? Why is her sword cutting off a kryptonian's arm? What the fuck is going on? For the first 2/3rds of the movie she just kind of wanders in and out, some rich chick messing with bruce wayne, oh ok she is wonder woman, oh wait how is she fucking up doomsday?
So really, this movie should have come out before BvS, to explain why she is what she is, what her actual powers are, why her roman era equipment is so extreme, etc.

edit, like what marvel did with their movies, give back story and put the characters into context.
Absolutely, the problem was people wanted:

a) A sequel to Man of Steel
b) Another Batman movie
c) Batman v Superman

And to top it off DC wanted to kick start their Aveng-I mean Justice League franchise ASAP before Tony Stark and friends had their eighth movie.

BvMBig GrinoS was simply pandering to the fans and money grabbing, origin movies be damned.

If you don't mind watching Animated movies I seriously recommend the DC animated movie Wonder Woman to get a good idea of her backstory without waiting for the live action movie:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(2009_film)

It's completely on point.

O

Messages In This Thread