rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Don't Bang Hawaii - Datasheet

Don't Bang Hawaii - Datasheet

Quote: (03-25-2019 07:17 AM)Kona Wrote:  

Town side is the way to go for waves that time of year. Waikiki to Hawaii Kai. All those breaks. You can see Oahu and all its health and wellness glory in about 7 days. Get a car.

Big Island you can do in three days. Its cool over there if you've got friends, other than that, you got Volcanoes NP and some beaches, but the rest is tourist traps. But really expensive ass ones.

I say stick to Oahu. You'll like it here. Any questions, ask away. I lived here my whole life.

Aloha!
Thanks for the suggestion. As i'm looking to celebrate my birthday which coincides before independance day; i'm thinking June 26-30 Big Island and then July 1-8 in Oahu. I would have liked to stay in a place like Haleiwa but at the time of booking I didn't realize the north shore is flat. So i'm wondering what other alternatives are like Haleiwa? I've stayed a couple nights in Waikiki and felt it was too built up or too much of a tourist trap. Looking for a cool surf town vibe to meet other travellers, locals, surfers and mingle but also nearby active waves during this time. Which area would you base yourself for a week in Oahu? Or would it be better to split it up in some areas? Any tips for independance day?

Messages In This Thread