rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lessons I picked up as a crusty roving vagrant

Lessons I picked up as a crusty roving vagrant

I'm interested in hearing about the daily life of the roving vagrant.

Water- what do you do for water? You can't carry that much with you, it is too heavy. Do you drink from creeks and streams and purify it beforehand? Go into gas stations and drink from the sink in the bathroom?

Shower- How often do you get a shower? Do you carry soap and shampoo with you? Or when you get a shower do you use whatever cheap stuff (with harsh chemicals) that you can get your hands on?

Shit- just shit wherever its convenient? Carry around a roll of toilet paper? Or just use sticks and leaves?

Food- Again, can't carry that much with you. What do you eat every day? How do you cook it? Do you have a saw and cut branches and make a fire? Find loose branches on the ground? Gas stove? Eat out? If so, how do you pay for it?

Cooking- do you carry one pot and pan and a set of utensils around with you?

Dog- Seems like a big burden to take on. Why do you do it? Companionship? Safety? How do you feed it? Do you ever have to take it to the vet? Do you use the dog to clean up after you are done cooking?

Hiking around with all that shit in your bag- doesn't it hurt your back? And your knees? Do you ever have a strap break or have to make repairs on your gear in the field?

Safety- what do you do for self defense? Sleep with a fist-sized rock in a spot where you can grab it? Have a knife on you? Have you ever been threatened or in a scary situation? Easy to happen if you are around groups of people, especially drunks.

Gathering from the bounty of nature- Do you ever gather wild berries? How did you learn about them to determine if they were edible or poisonous? Do you ever gather plants or herbs that are supposed to help heal ailments? Sneak into farms or orchards and grab crops from the edges?

Laundry- do you carry a change of clothes? How often do you change? How often do you wash your clothes? Do you use a laundromat or wash them in a creek?

Money- How do you afford any incidentals? You sell art right? So is it just enough for a meal that day, or gives you enough to get from point A to point B?

And of course my favorite- did you ever harvest a boar?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Messages In This Thread