rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any of you guys work Remote?

Any of you guys work Remote?

^

Peregrine, you are truly a wealth of information. I wish I could rep you again. Let me respond to your comments:

1. Transitioned. Was going to leave in December, asked for a massive raise, they said yes, so I stayed. Started working from home full time this week. Might as well use the leverage while I have it (my boss says they're having a rough time replacing me). Also, I've known the team for five years-ish now, and they fully support me sticking it to the brass so it's not like I'm fucking over any teammates.

BBMW: Nice! I have been with my firm for 5+ years as well. I work in a trader type environment so I won't be able to ask to work remotely and they can't agree to it, either. There are days were I am very much on my A game, while other days, I am looking at RE listings, typing up a game plan for the next acquisition.

I'm not an accountant, but I have friends who are. One of them is building his client base from upwork.

BBMW: Me neither. I am an FP&A guy (corp finance) who has transition to my current role. Almost doing the accounting thing backward (taking classes, studying for the CPA etc.). Unlike many people, I am into accounting (maybe because I have not done the big 4 grind) and see it (+ CPA) as a pathway to working remotely/independently/in a relatively recession proof career.

I don't know any CPAs working remotely as W-2s. The ones I do know have their own book of clients. They probably exist, but I don't know any.

BBMW: Agreed. I am seeing the same situation. Not too many on W-2s.

Yup, that's the reason why I said I somewhat fit the bill. I'm not fully remote. I haven't been in the office all week, but I also can't piss off to Thailand for a month in case something comes up that needs a face-to-face chat.

BBMW: I hear you. Right now not having to go to the office could allow me to go to the property that I am flipping in Rhode Island or fly out for a 3 day weekend to look at houses in Michigan. At the office, I have worked like a mad man, any measure of flexibility would be amazing.

Sounds like a good plan you got there. Yeah, I wouldn't quit just yet either for your stated reasons. Just take it easy and do enough to not get fired/don't take initiative. That's what I'm doing right now.

BBMW: I am trying to do exactly what you described. If I can keep up the Real Estate and get a few CPA exams under my belt, I won't mind the job: Steady paycheck, know my stuff, decent rapport with co-workers.

What's a 1br in the best locations rent for in Boston?

BBMW: $2200-$2500/month in places like Back Bay, Seaport etc.

Messages In This Thread