rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Photography 101 Datasheet

Photography 101 Datasheet

Tripod
tripod has a few applications as already discussed.

The tripod can be used for HDR photography or when you need to stitch images together in PP. it helps with the pan when intending to stitch images in post processing (PP). You ever seen those wide images or 360 degree images? They most likely used a tripod to help keep each photo aligned which helps in post processing (photoshop).

Since i mentioned panning, the tripod can be used for panning techniques also. Not required but it sure can help. Lastly, i think its important to mention the use of tripods when long exposures come into play. This can be as simple as taking a photo of a waterfall and you want to get a certain effect, night photography taking photos of the city skylight, or long exposures to capture the sky/stars so you get the perfect pointy stars. i've taken 30 second exposures and that couldn't happen without a tripod. Technically all you need is a steady surface but a tripod will save you from using curse words as you attempt to align your camera just right.

Messages In This Thread