rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fallacy experts chime in

Fallacy experts chime in

I think you should agree.

Be sure to define fundamentalist correctly because I think your friend is mixing up the two.

A muslim fundamentalist, we can say, is one who wants shria law. We can say equivalently* that a christian fundamentalist is one who wants biblical law. This means stoning of gays, no divorce, cutting off hands for stealing, legal slavery, and of course no abortion. These are good examples because supporting Sharia means you support these things. To, effectively, you can say sharia law = biblical law.

As you can well imagine, christian fundamentalists are an insanely tiny population. There are, what, 500 in the USA total? SSPX has 10 retreat centers in the world and fewer than 100 chapels in the USA and these guys are nowhere near that far fundamentalist (although, perhaps, some may hope for this one day. Hard to tell). At 99.99% (if not more) of the churches you go to worldwide, christian fundamentalists would be considered radicals by every single person who attends.

Whereas. Nearly 70% of muslims support sharia:
[Image: moderate-muslims.jpg]

So, when 70% of muslims want to stone gays, ban banks, etc. etc. and 0% of christians want something similar, isn't your friend making a convincing case for banning muslims?

* strictly speaking, one would need to add more restrictions on biblical law to get to sharia

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Messages In This Thread