rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is Falun Gong?

What is Falun Gong?

I've seen this pamphlets before about mediation at a local Indian restaurant. I thought it was some free mediation thing, but it looks like some new age Chinese cult with unusually attractive people on it. The pamphlet start off all spiritual at first than suddenly it talks about mass murder. Somehow it got really big and the Chicoms suppressed it heavily. Here is an interesting section which caught my eye.

Quote:Quote:

In addition to these things, practitioners of Falun Gong must abandon a variety of worldly attachments and desires.[33] In the course of cultivation practice, the student of Falun Gong aims to relinquish the pursuit of fame, monetary gain, sentimentality, and other entanglements. Li's teachings repeatedly emphasize the emptiness of material pursuits; although practitioners of Falun Gong are not encouraged to leave their jobs or eschew money, they are expected to give up the psychological attachments to these things.[56] Similarly, sexual desire and lust are treated as attachments to be discarded, but Falun Gong students are still generally expected to marry and have families.[56] All sexual relations outside the confines of monogamous, heterosexual marriage are regarded as immoral.[58] Although gays and lesbians may practice Falun Gong, homosexual conduct is said to generate karma, and is therefore viewed as incompatible with the goals of the practice.[59]
Falun Gong's cosmology includes the belief that different ethnicities each have a correspondence to their own heavens, and that individuals of mixed race lose some aspect of this connection.[19] Nonetheless, Li maintains that being of mixed race does not affect a person's soul, nor hinder their ability to practice cultivation.[19] The practice does not have any formal stance against interracial marriage, and many Falun Gong practitioners have interracial children.[60]
Falun Gong doctrine counsels against participation in political or social issues.[61] Excessive interest in politics is viewed as an attachment to worldly power and influence, and Falun Gong aims for transcendence of such pursuits. According to Hu Ping, "Falun Gong deals only with purifying the individual through exercise, and does not touch on social or national concerns. It has not suggested or even intimated a model for social change. Many religions ... pursue social reform to some extent ... but there is no such tendency evident in Falun Gong."[62]

Lol. Fags have bad karma. Not quite as hippy as I thought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong The wikipedia entry is pretty interesting.

The website has more info, haven't really bothered to read it all except the intro. Is it banned in China and is it a good reason? What's up with telepathy and divine sight?

http://en.falundafa.org/introduction.html

Messages In This Thread