rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The cashless society thread

The cashless society thread

Quote: (04-13-2019 11:47 AM)Hammerhead Wrote:  

I despise places that don't accept credit cards. Usually "cash only" places are trying to illegally avoid taxes or are using their business as a money laundering enterprise. There are plenty of ways to legally reduce taxes, provided you aren't in California, so taxes are no excuse. The rest of society doesn't need to go out of their way to accommodate people who are too stupid or lazy to open a bank account. Accepting "cards only" frees the small business up from the issues of dealing with cash, mainly employees stealing from you. This more than makes up for the credit card fees you have to pay. This is similar to liberals not wanting to require IDs for voting. Trying to force society to accommodate the most stupid and lazy citizens as well as illegals.

When I try to buy something and the clerk says "cash only" I view this as the business telling me, the customer, to go out of my way to accommodate them. I will look for any signs that say "cash only" and not buy from most places like this unless I'm forced to. If they pull a sneak attack on me and try to "cash only" me once I'm already at the register I've been know to just walk away.

If missing the point is the goal, this post is perfection.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Messages In This Thread