rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Want to workout, feeling weak, lazy and tired.

Want to workout, feeling weak, lazy and tired.

Quote: (07-07-2016 04:36 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

MY advice would be slightly different from some of the above. I think a big part of the reason people fail is that they try to go from doing nothing to doing a powerlifting/bodybuilding etc program 6 days a week. You burn out in no time doing that, and since your training has no direction, you fall off pretty quickly.

If it's possible for you, I'd recommend taking up a sport. This will focus your mind and your training on what needs to be done. I have stepped up my own training having recently joined a rugby club, as it is clear that I need to build some additional muscle to help absorb the impacts.

Failing that, if you are not competitive, then I would suggest you start by getting into the gym for 40 minutes 3x per week. No whinging, no I can't be bothered, none of the psychobabbling to yourself. It simply becomes something you need to get done 3x in a 7 day period. That way you can structure your week accordingly. It doesn't matter when you train, so long as you get 40 minutes in 3x each week, and don't work the same muscle group two days running.

In addition, lose weight. This will make you more motivated. As we learned from Thomas the Rhymer's excellent thread on balls, fat people's bodies are less hospitable environments for testosterone, and consequently make them less able to motivate themselves. Here is a diet to lose weight: Each meal must contain animal protein. Breakfast can contain a modest carb source (1 slice of toast with butter, a bowl of porridge, etc), but must have some protein (a couple of eggs, for example). Your lunch and your supper are: 1 decent portion of animal protein (6oz or so), and as many vegetables as you can eat. You can have any sauce you like with it, but ideally it will be one you make (a good one, for example, if you're stir frying some stuff, is half a can of chopped tomatoes, 1 large teaspoon of 5 spice, a squirt of ketchup, a dash of soy sauce, and a teaspoon of honey - simple, tasty, and quick to prepare. Serve over a load of stir fried veg and meat). No sugar unless it is honey or dark chocolate (even then, be restrained).

No other carbohydrates most of the time. Some rice, potatoes, pasta etc is ok if you're sitting down with your family for supper, or out with a friend. Just hit the meat and veg diet most of the week and the weight will come off. Don't lie to yourself though, and don't fuckup a whole weekend. Cut the booze as far as possible for as long as you are trying to lose weight. See it as a short, intense period, where you are getting your shit straight. Try to enjoy the discomfort and see it as a personal test. Failure to adhere is tacit acknowledgement of your lack of mental fortitude. Noone likes to be a loser.

One of the biggest tricks to getting/staying lean is not buying bad shit. Do not buy chocolate or crisps when you go shopping, and it won't be there for you to snack on when you get home.

If you are someone who likes to snack, try to control what it is you're going to snack on. For me, if there are crisps around, I'll hose a thousand calories worth in about 10 minutes if left to my own devises. Instead, I personally buy olives stuffed with anchovies. They are cheap, healthy, delicious, and after about 5 or 6, I've had enough. Try to find something similar that works like this for you.

Damn right H1N1. Meat and veg for the win, cook the veg in butter and there's nothing finer. I have only eggs, fish, meat and veg in my cupboard, and just a frying pan to cook in.

I'd also try to get into some form of intermittent fasting habit.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Messages In This Thread