rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Google Makes Intentionally-Inaccurate Diverse Doodle of Jupiter Juno Team

Google Makes Intentionally-Inaccurate Diverse Doodle of Jupiter Juno Team

A couple days ago, NASA's Juno team had their probe successfully enter Jupiter's orbit. Google celebrated this feat with a doodle, as per usual with Google.

[Image: juno-google-doodle-jupiter.jpg?interpola...de%7C660:*]

But something was off about their doodle.

[Image: Hw_Cpz9_I.jpg]

In the doodle, there is one black man, one black woman, one asian man, two white women and one white man. (It's also worth mentioning that the white man is a hipster. [Image: lol.gif])

In reality, of the six main members of Juno, all are white and only one is a woman.

The same can be said about Juno's full team:

Quote:Quote:

Of the 61 investigators and key personal, only 10 members of the team are female. And of those 61 people, only four are not white. If Google wanted to do an accurate doodle with six scientists, one scientist would be female and all the scientists would be white.

Link

Note that the article actually praises Google's inaccuracy by saying they gave hope to women and people of color who are aspiring scientists and criticizes NASA for being so white in the first place.

It's also worth mentioning this is the only news article I can find that points out this obvious inaccuracy. And only two Reddit threads I've found talk about it (Here and Here).

Messages In This Thread