rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Huffington Post: Muslims are the True Feminists

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gabby-aoss...77692.html

[Image: 6657ad9ea799cf35a38fabd5fcbcfab7.png]

This writer may just deserve a mental gymnastics award.
Also ties into AnonymousBosch's notions of the next round of 'Puritans' being insecure girls scared of sex, intimacy & normal human behaviour.

Quote:Quote:

In the Qur’an
Last time I checked, wearing a hijab or burka wasn't religious in origin.
Merely cultural in origin, so quoting the Qur'an is off the mark.

So it’s no surprise to see Muslim woman today modeling themselves after these prominent female figures. Muslim girls look towards these instances of strength for guidance in this scary, patriarchal society.

So, the writer acknowledges the "scary" nature of Muslim culture, yet is more than willing to go along with it anyway...
...because... "girl-power"...?

With all of the pressures in our American society to have a certain physical allure; to have long, luscious hair, a skinny yet curvy body, flawless facial beauty, woman go through hell. With this, we succumb to the pressures that we generally think we are free of; we oppress our natural womanhood with constant worry about how we look to others around us

In other words; I'm of very low value on the SMV, I'm probably an unattractive schlub, so everyone else needs to hide their beauty to make me feel better about myself :

[Image: headshot.jpg]

In the Muslim-American community, and even in parts of the greater Muslim world, modest woman, whether they wear hijab or not, are respected and called upon, despite what our mainstream media feeds to us.

Now Gabriel; you're booking a flight to go & live in Turkey or Saudi Arabia when exactly...?

Messages In This Thread