rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Entitled interns fired for demanding dress code change at their employer

Entitled interns fired for demanding dress code change at their employer

Quote: (07-09-2016 03:06 PM)Diop Wrote:  

I want to say I do have a lot of respect for the one intern who refused to sign that stupid petition. He (I assume it's a male) had enough proper upbringing and intelligence to know it's not in his best interests to align himself with a bunch of crybaby millennial SJW's in Corporate America, especially as the absolute lowest peon on the company totem pole. Assuming he's around 20 or 21, I'm impressed by that because when I was that age it would have been harder for me to not give into peer pressure to "support" the rest of the interns like that, even if I disagreed with them. Who knows - maybe he's a member of the forum.

This. When I was I was in my late 20's, I worked for a boss who was a nice guy, a bit bumbling, perhaps, but well intentioned. The worst thing he ever did was that, occasionally, he'd ask someone to run an errand for him like picking up some supplies at the Staples (around the corner, btw) rather than wait 3 days for the admin to order them. He was from a different culture and this would not be considered not "out of school" for him. But he treated people well, didn't overwork them, etc. But for whatever reason, several of the slightly younger team members decided to "report" him to the big boss. Now, this was at a huge, old-school, fortune 500. There was one guy on the team who was about 40, and realized what a foolish idea this was. He begged them not to do it, that their was no real grievance and they'd only look foolish, and probably end their own careers. So he did not participate. And neither did I. And it played out exactly as I suspected, the VP said "Oh, hmmm, well I'll TALK to him about this", but was really thinking "Jesus you guys are wasting my time with this? None of you are fit to ever be a manager". As I said, I was late 20's at the time - 28 maybe? I'm not sure i would've been that smart at 21. So kudo's to the one intern.

Messages In This Thread