rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Entitled interns fired for demanding dress code change at their employer

Entitled interns fired for demanding dress code change at their employer

Quote: (07-02-2016 09:39 AM)eatthishomie Wrote:  

I don't know if these interns should be blacklisted forever- that's overkill for what they did- but let's hope they have learned a hard lesson about the corporate world.

Nah, they won't learn a thing. When confronted with reality, these types always double-down - "Well, something's wrong. And it's certainly not me. So it must be the world that's wrong."

I'm sure the first thing they did was run to social media and perhaps the regular media, hoping to rally up the SJW hate squad and Internet white knights to their "cause", with the intent of extracting at least a public apology/rescindment from the company.

Anecdotally it's also been my experience that nominally "liberal" organizations and companies are not too good at actually complying with the requirements of the ADA...if you're a man. I suffer from chronic pain flareups and often have trouble standing for long periods; I was legally temporarily disabled for two years because of it. My girl wanted to go to some event hosted at a club/theater sponsored by Harvard University...we get there and there's not a fucking seat on the main floor anywhere. I sit down on a railing for 30 seconds and they tell me to get up. I explain to the door staff (all sitting around on the only chairs available) my situation, they shrug and go "Buy a table upgrade (for $80) or leave." It seems silly to turn away a customer who'd be ready to spend a decent amount of money at the bar because you can't find a place for him to sit for five minutes, it seems to me a rather small thing to ask, but they definitely couldn't have cared less.

The one interesting thing was that this dance event was put on by some LGBT group, it's not something I would've gone to except to humor my plate's curiosity, but when I got there I noticed that the club was filled to the bursting with hot women, like a 5:1 ratio at least. Girls were approaching me at the bar, there were couples approaching my plate, it was pretty nuts, at least for the hour or so we spent there. Even my girl commented on the irony of it: "So here you are with me, and also every single woman in the city." My obvious frustration seemed to give her a perverse feeling of satisfaction. [Image: lol.gif]

Messages In This Thread