rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Entitled interns fired for demanding dress code change at their employer

Entitled interns fired for demanding dress code change at their employer

Quote: (07-08-2016 06:55 PM)fired_intern Wrote:  

Wow.

I'm the guy who wrote into the blogger about getting fired from my internship. I've read here before and agreed with lots of the stuff. I can't believe no one supports what I did. It wasn't even just about the shoes, I didn't want to wear a suit and tie every day. This place is anti-establishment and that's what I was trying to do.

Proof (not trolling) of the emails I sent to the blogger and the reply I got: http://imgur[dot]com/FUZjguZ,QkyuJ2r,Qej3iKU

There so many derogative terms I could use for you right now, but I won't. This forum is place for the betterment of men and occasional ribbing at each other. Here a lesson for the future, from one millennial to another: understand who has power and know limits of your power. As intern, you have no power or bargaining rights with employer. You are given opportunity to gain experience in real world and prove your worth. You have no say in anything, unless it something helpful or its dangerous to you and fellow workers.

This incident you created was not fighting the 'man', but proving how much a child (or women) you are acting. Following a dress code is a rule that everyone follows in life at least one time. It subtle form of discipline, which you failed horrible. At the same time, you lack situational awareness and critical thinking to ask why, does this women can wear sneakers, while I wear dress shoes.

Unless you working in Caribbean island with no A/C in summertime, your argument may have some merit, but you are not. You living in the US, with access to A/C units galore. Act like professional, suit up and do your work. The world does not cater to your whims, unless you gain enough wisdom, knowledge, and power to do so. Good luck, and get you T levels check, since the majority of us were thinking you were a girl.

Messages In This Thread