rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Spinster "writer": My daughter was sexually assaulted and it cost us $100,000

Spinster "writer": My daughter was sexually assaulted and it cost us 0,000

"In the spring of 2013, my daughter, Willa, was raped by a fellow student at her college in Washington, D.C. A freshman at the time, she did not tell anyone until a year later."

If you choose to believe she lied, that's bad. The only thing worse is if she was telling the truth.

Because if she was, that means there is now a rapist running free.

Why wouldn't the parents or any trained professional bring this up? Why would no one tell her she has to inform the police because the guy could rape again?

There is enough legal apparatus in place that victims don't get victimized by the court system like they used to. And since she's not attending the college anymore, it's not like she's around the guy day-to-day.

If the girl is spending that much time telling her folks and therapists about this, it's not like she's too ashamed to discuss it.

I'm not getting why anyone in this situation would spend countless dollars on therapists and the like, but not spend a few thousand on a lawyer and get this into the legal system -- where it belongs. Letting the situation play out like this is irresponsible parenting. Unless, of course, what the guy did didn't meet the legal definition of rape. Then it's a different story.

Messages In This Thread