rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Social drinking

Social drinking

Quote: (06-23-2016 10:21 AM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

Only drink as much as you want to.

Maybe you should stick to breaking articles.

@BuffNerd

It's a legit concern, especially in college where it's surprisingly tough to turn down more booze, especially after you've hit you trigger-point.

I'm not sure if it's medically accurate, but a good way to think about this is you have two forces in play when you drink...

A trigger level and a tolerance.

Your trigger level is where you'll engage in stupid behaviors that make you wake up the next morning and say "I'm never drinking again". It's different for everyone.

If your tolerance allows you to drink past your trigger level (I'm sure it does, you're in grad school) then you'll tend to black out, run through the commons naked, generally be less healthy with booze.

It's cool to get fucked up once in a while but it sounds like you have a good reason for trying to drink smarter.

Here's some things I've tried:

Carry around a beer bottle with water in it. Drink sprite with a lime on the glass. If people are shotgunning beers or doing shots, avoid that section of the room. Also, you can say "nah, dude i'm good" more easily than you think. People are more concerned about themselves so if you just play it off like it's no big deal they'll usually leave you alone.

Ultimately, you're going to have to cut back on the wild parties. You're going to get fucked up there most of the time and if you're sober it's less fun.

There's a time and a place for everything and it's called college. Have fun, bro.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Messages In This Thread