rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone travel with big(30"+) monitor ?

Anyone travel with big(30"+) monitor ?

I travel with a 24 inch monitor in standard checked in luggage every time I'm away for more than a weekend. It's great and I don't understand why more computer geeks don't do it. Just use a smaller, detachable stand, and put it flatly on top of clothes. No major accidents after hundreds of flights (a few broken pixels when I was sloppy one time).

However, you'll only get a 30 or 32 inch monitor in standard size check in-baggage. You might be able to fit a 34" monitor in the right, just slightly oversized suitcase, but you might meet some airlines that refuse to check that in as standard luggage, and sending oversized luggage is expensive.

Buying and selling every time sounds like a royal pain in the ass. I don't know where you're travelling, but remember a lot of countries don't have high end monitors or they're taxed heavily. Then you need you to check out the local used markets everywhere, deal with people, then you don't find a buyer before you leave, or have no monitor before you get one at the new place and in the time before you go etc.

I suggest trying a 30 or 32 inch one and see if you really need 40. Most of the highest quality ones are around 30 anyway. Because travelling with a large sized monitor that fits in your bag is no problem, you set ut up in 5 minutes after you get used to it. Anything above that would mean tons of extra money + work.

Messages In This Thread