rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Trip Report: Rome

Trip Report: Rome

Impressions: Italian girls are generally hot, feminine and take good care of themselves. However, the dating environment is tough. Following Roosh's 'busted dudes test (http://www.rooshv.com/the-busted-dudes-test) you see a lot of decent looking Italian guys dating down. In the years that I've been coming here the girls have put on weight. Italian guys generally have swagger and charisma, but then also do surprisingly beta things making game quite effective.

I'm fluent in Italian and know my way around Rome. I spent my days working so I didn't get to do anything during the day, which is sad since Piazza di Spagna can be a goldmine.

I went out three nights and got one notch.

The biggest challenge with Italian girls is that they roll in (often mixed) groups and isolating can be hard. Maybe my isolation game is weak, but cockblocking is a big issue. This is why I usually go for tourists if I'm there for a short time since ONS is much more likely.

In July/August most Romans are out of town and a lot of clubs are closed. They decamp to the beach, many of them to nearby resort Ostia where there's an active nightlife through the summer. This lowers your chances of getting an Italian girl in Rome in summer. The upside is that girls who stay in town are bored and have less pressure from social circles. They don't go to bars alone so daygame is your best bet for these.

An Italian friend told me that a good place to meet locals at night is the lounges along Lungotevere not far from Castel Sant Angelo. Didn't get to explore that part of town myself. Trastevere may be good too, but didn't go there either.

Monday

Got a late start after arriving Monday night. Got to Campo de Fiori at around midnight and there was plenty of action. Big groups of tourist girls and locals. Sat at one of the bars flanking the piazza and got a drink. Stopped some girls from my table but it was too far from the foot traffic to work well. Crossed over to the Drunken Ship (outside and indoor areas, 6 EUR pints of beer) on the other side of the piazza and got a seat by the entrance. That's a prime spot to sit in and I opened a group of blonde Norwegian girls who were really into it but very drunk. Then got cockblocked by some rowdy guys in their group who were piss drunk. Opened some more but didn't get anywhere. None of the girls there were Italian. Lots of Aussies and Brits around.

Got talking to a local player who knew the bouncers at a late spot called Bloom. Opens every night at 11pm, 10 EUR entry (with one drink included; drinks are all 10 EUR). Seems to be the only game in town on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. It was nicely packed, with a small dancefloor in one room and another quieter room with a bar. Did some opening in the queue to the unisex loos. Most people there were in mixed groups so I was affable to the Italian guys who didn't mind my macking on their women after some small talk.

Crowd was a good mix of tourists, Italian meatheads (and accompanying girls with big tits and bleached hair) and students. Age range 20 to early forties. Ratio was about 60% guys / 40% women.

At closing time I left with a couple of Italian girls, some guys and four high school girls from Toronto. We had a bath in the fountain at Piazza Navona nearby (apart from being good fun it plays into the girls' Dolce Vita fantasies about Rome though it should have been the Fontana di Trevi for full cinematic effect). If you take a girl fountain bathing just keep in mind that it's frowned on by the police. I'm not sure what the sanctions are.

Tried to get one of the Itals back with me "to dry up", she seemed up for it but was cockblocked by the guys in her group (a common problem, Italian girls are very sensitive about appearing slutty; got her number instead). The Toronto girls were all flying out early the next morning so I missed out on that even though one I'd made out with earlier seemed DTF.

Tuesday

Kicked off looking for high end girls at the Stravinskij Bar off via del Babuino. It's a cool outdoor bar in the courtyard of the Hotel de Russie with subdued lighting and candles. I had a cocktail there, among the best I've ever had (at 19 EUR per drink it better be good). Crowd was mostly Italian couples, tourists and cougars. There weren't many people around and I just flirted with the waitresses. A good place for a date though.

Headed to Campo de Fiori again. Had a couple of drinks at the Drunken Ship. It was a complete cockfest in contrast to the night before. I spotted a couple of other players working the place. Opened 2-3 girls but there wasn't much to work with. Left for Bloom at midnight. Got a drink and opened a cute young American girl. Went for the makeout in 20 minutes and then followed her and her friends to the Scholars Pub on Via del Plebiscito. She wasn't close to any of her friends so isolating was easy and two hours after meeting we were on the way back to my place. Bang.

Thursday

Decided to explore the local high end scene. Went for a drink at 10 pm at the rooftop bar at the Aleph Hotel which has a decent view. It was a cocktail event that a friend hooked me up with. You can usually find details on regular events there posted on Facebook if you search. It was ostensibly guestlist only but didn't seem very strict. Entrance was 15 EUR which included a cocktail, with subsequent drinks costing 10 EUR. Lots of beautiful girls with a roughly 50/50 ratio, almost entirely mixed groups.

The downside was that people sat at tables in groups making approaching harder. Loitered at the bar and locked down the bartenders who were soon introducing me to girls as they came up to the bar to order. One of the girls invited me to her table, but everyone left to go home 20 minutes later as the bar closed at midnight.

Headed to the Scholars Pub again. It has a very international crowd so if your Italian is weak it's a good bet. Lots of students and on the rowdy side. Approaching there is really easy, did a few approaches but the girls weren't that great (lots of busted looking backpackers, etc.) apart from some Russians who were cool. Lost patience and bounced out of there.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Messages In This Thread