rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

Took part in another tournament. This time I had fights in my weight class, 2 fights. Lost both, with the other tournament I now have 3 official fights and lost all 3 of them. Always close but lost. Have to figure out what to do with this. Amazing experience overall and show me what I'm good at and what I'm missing. Need more stamina, more moving and more drive to attack. The biggest struggle is the mind. Have no intention to hurt at all and there was no drive for aggressive win. Like a trigger that I could not switch. Taken all the hits and kicks, counter and so on, also attack. In a way I feel limited by the rules since in a street fight the mind is set up for survive, here its a game.
To adjust my training I will adapt the things that I had missing, more moving, keep on the hits and kicks. The fight is only over when the referee stops or time is out. Also attack more driven forward. In a way I'm also to stiff, feels like no power behind everything.

Will I to more tournaments? Hard question since the last one was so hard, not by the fights. Drive about 1,5 hours to weight in the morning and then wait 10 hours. This all for the possibility of one or two fights? And this was one of the closer tournaments. I hear stories where people arrive the day before, sleep in a hotel and then there is no one to fight. Also be honest with 35 it sucks to dedicate all my time to the training. I enjoy 3x the gym and 3x the kickboxing but for the next level I need to do a lot more endurance training. And in all those years I get a blue eye, normal I take care of my guard. Working in sales and visit customers haha
Anyway, I will improve my training till I feel I made it to the next level, then maybe I will have some more fights. For my pride some win would be nice. For my ability of fighting and the learnings the defeat is maybe even better, make me consider what made me lose. A slight win can lead to the believe, well I did win and it was fine, nothing to improve.

To win in a tournament or win the fights by rules would be great for the pride and show some skills. What made me more into the material way is the mindset behind, the warrior spirit and that why I also try to become stronger. When I had encounters with aggressive people I was ready to finish them, this mindset wasn't there in the tournament. It was light contact, so no full contact and I'm well aware that in a full contact fight I still miss some skills. So against some random people yeah I will have a chance, also against people that are skilled but lack the mindset. The way of martial arts lead me also to a way that I do not have to fight or had any negative encounters with people in the last decade. The fight you don't have to fight is the best one, but I try to train to be able to stand my ground and defend me for the worst case. There is always you can do more but thats life. I have other priorities too, so be a decent fighter and not top elite is ok. Seek for self improvement for the life I have.

We will stand tall in the sunshine
With the truth upon our side
And if we have to go alone
We'll go alone with pride

For us, these conflicts can be resolved by appeal to the deeply ingrained higher principle embodied in the law, that individuals have the right (within defined limits) to choose how to live. But this Western notion of individualism and tolerance is by no means a conception in all cultures. - Theodore Dalrymple

Messages In This Thread