rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Learning a language: a proven life-changing decision

Learning a language: a proven life-changing decision

Quote: (11-08-2018 12:04 PM)Mksa21 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-08-2018 09:32 AM)falafel Wrote:  

Quote: (11-08-2018 08:49 AM)Mksa21 Wrote:  

Is learning a new language a good investment? I mean you will need to practice the language or any skill that you learn in your life if not you will forget it easy (and all the time you invested in learning this new skill was just waste of time)

For example, many people in this forum recommend learning Russian (Yeah the most beautiful girls live in these countries) but will you invest your time in learn Russian if you just have an interest in the Woman's of these countries and nothing more? (i think that hire a prostitute is cheaper)

With Russian and Polish I've found it to be worth it. Russians and Poles are all over the world and if you hear them speaking their languages you have a good excuse to start talking to them (Hi, I'm learning your language...). They have always been very impressed, in my experience, and end up wanting to be friends (men as well as women).

And knowing Polish has allowed me to stay in Poland for the long-term, which works great in conjunction with a digital nomad job because it's such a cheap, yet fantastic country to be in. And Polish women are the bomb. Not knowing the language would have made life here much more difficult.

Apart from that, I genuinely enjoy learning languages, probably because I enjoy communicating with people. I've found that if you like a language and are strongly motivated to learn it, it comes very easily.

What are your motivations to learn Polish & Russian?

Interest in languages, love of the culture, family, romance [Image: wink.gif]

Messages In This Thread