rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Learning a language: a proven life-changing decision

Learning a language: a proven life-changing decision

I have been learning a second language and so have been looking for more reasons to justify it so I found this thread interesting. For me so far, these are the kinds of changes I have seen:

1. I feel like my universe has expanded to where I feel more comfortable traveling abroad or into these ethnic neighborhoods or starting conversations with strangers. Basically, it seems like more doors are open to me and I have more more confidence to go through them and it has influenced my perspective on things.

2. In purposes of game, learning a second language creates a DHV for me. It is a nice conversation topic with women that I can use and most women tend to like it whether they speak another language or not. Right now, my conversations tend to be mixtures of Spanglish but I am starting to progress to where I can start to have substantive conversations with women who can't speak English well and that creates more dating options.

3. I have confidence that I can now learn more foreign languages and have a proven system I can use to do so. This was all something I was unsure of before learning Spanish but now I can see how it is possible for me to pick up a couple more languages in the next 6 or 7 years. I think this result will have a multiplier effect on the rest of my life.

Potential extra benefits:

1. Some research or studies suggest it can help with brain health and offset dementia and Alzheimer's. So this could mean that you are able to think more clearly for more days of your life and even towards the end where these brain diseases can take hold. This alone could have a significant impact on the course of your life or the ability to enjoy some final memories of your life.

2. I find myself looking for ways to use my foreign language to justify my learning time. So I can see how learning extra languages causes one to adjust their life in such a way as to find extra value in their language learning. Basically, you will shape your life to find the value sort of like how water will change to take the shape of its container.

Messages In This Thread