rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

In your experience, is muscle memory real?

In your experience, is muscle memory real?

I had an eblow injury not too long ago. Was doing Shooto and going slow with a guy smaller than me, got caught in an armbar and tapped. However the guy didn't notice my tap and when he went to readjust into another technique I had thought he was releasing me, so I relaxed my arm only for it to fall into a very solid arm-bar which put me out of commission for a while.

I lost muscle mass and couldn't lift properly for a while, but I got back into it slow and steady and was able to recover and then continue past where I was before that fairly quickly. It will not happen overnight, but your recovery will be faster than those who have never been where you are.

I would assume that a big part of being able to recover is simply knowing how to lift which helps you get yourself back to where you were.

However, from your title I had a different idea of what muscle memory was. I always figured that was your body knowing how to perform certain movements from having that action drilled into them relentlessly over time.

** Want to add, if you are being hospitalized maintaining muscle mass should not be the first concern on your mind. Focus on getting yourself better. I'm a strong believer in your body following your mind, if you focus on being healthy and recovering your body will want that as well and aid in your recovery. Much like how a person who accepts death will die all the sooner, the one who fights for life will stay alive longer.

Messages In This Thread