rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Recognizing people on the street from back then

Recognizing people on the street from back then

I want to get guys from the forum's take on this.

When I was younger, I wasn't too socially saavy - outgoing, yeah, but a bit of a dork and fuck-up. I recognize that.

In addition, I went to a very upper class high school - imagine Andover or St. Paul's. All the kids were incredibly spoiled, but really loaded and great networks - basically, they are the aristocracy in this country (I live in a small european country). Despite high intelligence, no street smarts, I couldn't talk the talk. I was definitely shunned.

We all live in the same city, so I run into these cats all the time. I lost my opportunity to make friends with them when I was a kid, too bad - I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

But what now when I see them all the time? I've come far in the world since then, so these days I can carry myself with confidence. But if you've got yourself in a negative box up in people's minds, that's nothing you can change.

I remember just about any face, so I always recognize them when I'm out. it's a small city, at least for people who have class and style, so I'll bump into some of them just about anywhere. Do I ignore them unless they stop me? Or do I try make verbal contact if I walk past them?

Open to ideas.

Messages In This Thread