rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dude mad dogging you, what are you gonna do about it?

Dude mad dogging you, what are you gonna do about it?

Every so often I'll get stuck in a stare-off with a dude.

Case in point this morning I'm eating breakfast and working on my computer in a cafe.

2 dudes walk in and I look up just out of curiosity.

One of the dudes starts mad dogging me and I hold his gaze.

He nods to me and I nod back.

But he still has a confrontational look on his face and as he's walking past me says scornfully "do I know you mate?"

I look at him, say "nope" and turn back to my computer calmly.

I felt that was a good moment to de-escalate without backing down.

If I'm going to get into some shit I'm not going to do it while I'm sitting down with two guys hovering above me, out-manned (I was in the cafe alone), and with an expensive piece of equipment sitting on the table liable to get wrecked in the process.

Also, I can't box worth a damn and we're in a confined space where I may not be able to effectively take it to the ground so it's best to disengage for now.

Anyway, the guy then walks past and intentionally brushes me with his arm.

Whatever to that, it's empty posturing as far I'm concerned and it doesn't bother me at all but by this point my body is flooded with adrenaline and I feel like I've had 4 cups of coffee.

Pretty sweet rush actually!

Now here's the thing:

I've been in a few street fights and I've been doing jits competitively long enough (almost 6 years) and spend enough time around full-time fighters to know how to control my shit, stay calm, regulate my breathing, misdirect my opponent and keep a clear head even though I'm really nervous as hell inside.

I also know that you should never underestimate anybody no matter WHAT they look like, and you should always have a respectful attitude or you WILL get humbled sooner rather than later.

This guy could be a pretend tough guy or he could be a pro MMA fighter or just a lunatic for all I know.

You can never tell. Some legitimately tough dudes do a lot of posturing. And a lot of fucking killers just play it cool and then BOOM! You're on your ass.

I don't really try to look or act like a tough guy but sometimes a guy will just not like your face and want to get into it with you and I admit I have a pretty uninviting resting face (blame my Slavic background).

Interestingly, a lot of guys I've fought in competition or in the academy for the first time told me they thought they were going to mop the floor with me.

I guess I look unassuming which I now intentionally use to my advantage.

I just stay calm, regulate my breathing and work surgically and aggressively and before the guy knows it he's getting choked out.

Like I said, these confrontations usually happen by accident where I just look in a guy's general direction or he looks at me and we wind up looking at each other and neither one wants to back down.

Most never escalate to words but a few times it's gone into shoving and that kind of thing.

Haven't been in a legit street fight for a few years though.

Anyway, enough about me.

How do you guys deal with this shit? Real life stories welcome.

Messages In This Thread