rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why do girls like to mindfuck exes they know are pining after them?

Why do girls like to mindfuck exes they know are pining after them?

After my ex left, she continued reading my Facebook chats, posts, etc. and therefore was aware that I was still pining for her and trying to figure out how to get back together with her. First she blocked me and publicly posted an explanation that she wanted to encourage me to quit stalking her profile and work on moving on instead. Weeks later, though, she named me in a public post that said:

Quote:Quote:

You'll miss someone like me. Someone that'll drop everything for you. Someone that'll do anything to make you smile. Someone that'll cross distances to see you. Someone that understands why you are the way you are. Someone that'll always be honest with you. Someone that'll never ask you to change. Someone that accepts all your flaws. But most importantly you'll miss the love someone like me has for you- someone like me whose love is true." — You’re going to miss me.

(Fortunately, at the time she posted this, I was following the advice of one of those get-your-ex-to-come-back-to-you gurus to avoid reading any of her posts, as a way of keeping her from accidentally or purposefully mindfucking me. Otherwise, that bit of knife-twisting would've been lethally effective. I only saw the post later, after I'd made some progress toward de-pedestalizing her, and I could more safely visit without being utterly dismayed by her remarks.)

The woman I'm with now had an ex who was relentlessly pursuing her for some time, threatening to kill himself in a car wreck if she didn't go back to him, etc. Apparently he also said something that offended her, so she publicly posted sarcastically thanking him for his behavior, and saying he'd reminded her of why she broke up with him. Later, his family got involved in trying to get her to go back to him, and she publicly posted one of those memes, "They start missing you when they can't replace you." When I asked her about it later, she admitted that it was directed at him.

(This prompted me to ask, basically, "Wouldn't you rather that instead of feeling miserable about losing you, he learn from his mistake and treat the next woman better, and have a happy life with her?" She said that she would wish that for him.)

I've heard of chicks doing this before to their exes: (1) when they know the guy is still trying to find a way to get back together with them, they publicly shoo him away (attracting supportive comments from friends, orbiters, etc.); and (2) when they know he's missing them, they try to reinforce his idea that she was special beyond other women, and that he really messed up by not treating her better.

In both of the situations I mention above, the girl ended up not getting back together with the guy, or even seeing him ever again, but rather moved hundreds or thousands of miles away. I wonder what is the point of mindfucking him in that manner? Is it just chicks' way of amusing themselves at their ex's expense? Or maybe it's just that they convince themselves that the guy really was totally at fault for the relationship's failure, and therefore figure he deserves to be hurt; and since they know how to hurt him, they do it.

Messages In This Thread