rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mobility & Range of Motion/ Myofasical Release/ Yoga & Flexibility/ Stretching

Mobility & Range of Motion/ Myofasical Release/ Yoga & Flexibility/ Stretching

Quote: (05-28-2016 06:11 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Quote: (05-26-2016 05:32 PM)Condog Wrote:  

Quote: (05-26-2016 05:00 AM)Hades Wrote:  

make a habit of integrating your mobility shit in between sets.

That's something I haven't done much of. I usually just focus on warm up and cool down... I like the concept though.

ATG is the only way to go!

I am looking up reviews for Supple Leopard and I smell a rat. Why is it a 5 star book but numerous 3-star reviews are upvoted hundreds of times? Why the fuck are so many of the 5-star reviews posted BEFORE the book was released?

If "Supple Leopard" doesn't mention integrating mobility with lifting weights, then I suspect they are a bunch of physio theorycrafters. 99% of lifters are on their phone between sets, when they should instead be active and moving.

It's like human psychology. Nobody spends time to just sit around and stretch. If every wasted minute in a gym was spent doing mobility drills, whether weighted or unweighted, these physio-crackerjacks would be run out of business.

Does "Supple Leopard" go into any particular detail on how or why to warm up either? Does it explain rehabbing and prehabbing joints? Does it explain joint prep? I don't think this book is the real deal.

I can't speak to whats going on with Amazon or any other review aggregates, but as someone who has followed the developmental arch of Kelly Starrett and his mobilitywod practices, theories, concepts, I have to back up his camp.

I have suffered through serious injuries, niggles, and everything in between. I pay a physio 80$ to basically employ Kelly Starret camp practices? Yeah right.
Just based on that, I support it.

Try different things out. See what works for you subjectively.

I know I have tight ankles from sprains as a kid. That's my baggage. Kelly Starrett-camp exercises have proven to be quite corrective for my issues.

He also doesn't advocate against staying mobile in between sets. In fact he supports it if you watch his videos. He just doesn't explicitly mention it in the book.

Supple Leopard provides more good to readers than negative.
No other books are decrying them or publishing contrarian opinions.
He is rich and famous for doing the right things it would appear.

I agree, the culture of lifters doing shit all between sits and sitting down is retarded.

Look at the 1980's Bulgarians. Coaching staff explicitly did not allow chairs in the gym. They were quite good at winning.

Starrett is also an advocate of the whole "Born to Run" approach, squatting not sitting etc. in and out of the gym.

Quite an interesting fellow and quite animated. Get's his point across quite succintly I think.

He also does address rehab and prehab for those people that need it. Additionally, how he deals with joint capsules is where he shines most of his light.

For some people who are gifted in mobility etc. maintaining mobility is much less time consuming then getting to that hypermobile point in the first place.

Messages In This Thread