rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP)

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP)

Quote: (08-23-2018 12:08 AM)Count Pierre Wrote:  

Quote: (08-22-2018 03:46 PM)wellrockthecity Wrote:  

Thats actually incorrect.

She is the daughter of one of the most famous Italian moviemakers ever

Dario Argento (I'm BTW a huge fan - Suspiria and Inferno being IMO his masterpieces, but Tenebrea or Phenomena are also brilliant) is undoubtedly a cult film director, but "one of the most famous italian moviemakers ever" ?!?! ....you must be joking.

I also seriously doubt that making cult horror B-movies (actually, his movies are a mix of thriller, horror and soft erotism that italians call "gallio") in the 70's and 80's made you rich.
Dario Argento is a huge figure in pop culture Italy.
Ask 10 random people on the street, all of them would know Dario Argento and can name at least one of his movies but probably only 6 of them would know Pasolini (and even less can name one of his films).

His movies like Suspiria have been huge hit internationally and on top of that he already came from a wealthy family. Also he has been director for films festivals and crap like that. He is the classic person that you can see in any kind of random talk show without a good reason.

The genre you are referring to is called "giallo", or thriller, which is what Alfred Hitchcock movies genre is like, he also was a huge inspiration for Dario. I am not sure why would you say he has made b-movies as his films have all been big productions and some of them had a big impact in Italian culture (Profondo Rosso theme is the de facto scary movies song for us).

Messages In This Thread