rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP)

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP)

I'm curious as to how the hell you hang yourself from a door anyways (assuming it was a door since it was stated he hung himself in the bathroom). It seems to me that this would be a lot harder of a way to go out than to just OD, jump of a bridge, or even hang yourself off of a balcony or somewhere where you are higher up. Not to mention the guy was 6'4. Depending on the height of the door he probably could have reached the ground even if on his tiptoes. I don't know too much about suicides, but I know that in traditional hangings the noose was was positioned and the height measured in relation to a person's weight to ensure the neck broke upon falling. Otherwise a person could remain alive for hours or even days if not properly carried out. It doesn't really matter in the end I suppose. I just don't think hanging is the easiest or most natural way to commit suicide, and it seems more likely that he would have botched it than it being successful.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread